tia: tAkE tWo

Monday, August 1, 2011

 

Intro

"Welcome to Wherever You Are"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3zcypsjO8o

Sometimes we wake with thoughts that guide our day… our outlook for the times in which we find ourselves. Saturday morning my waking thought was:
“It is not the striving for perfection, but how we deal with defeat and set backs [that matter most].” These events shape our characters; our interactions with others; our willingness to accept and deal with our own internal critique list, not to mention the list others may bring to a relationship.

Outside the apartment grounds we have access to this empty field. It’s a great place to walk the dogs. Each summer, it grows unattended and free. Hiding amongst the tall grasses, and barely visible, the ground is interspersed with Thistle, Daisies, Brown-eyed Susans, Clover and Queen Anne’s Lace. Then, midsummer, it gets mown. Cool outcome is that the wildflowers are now center stage. They may be a bit shorter for having been cut down, but the color is what we see. They bend and sway in the wind and rain; they reach for the sun and just soak it all in. They “are”. They are nothing more, nothing less than sheer perfection in their existence… evoking a sense of thoughtfulness and joy.




About me... I love the first day of a new month! Sunday's are my favorite day and Elvis still rawks! I’m just a woman of a certain age… hahah!! Born in Orlando, Florida to an Air Force guy and a little suburban lady with a gypsy soul. I am a first born of two first-borns, so if I come across as odd, we can blame them. My claim to fame: errrm, got none… but I was married to a US Navy submariner, yep, a navy wife to a lifer dog. I raised my two baby brothers, both of whom we came to find out have learning disabilities and other issues. I am now on my own in upstate New York (yes, there’s waaaay more to NY than just the city… who knew?!?!!?), with my two mutts, Mollie & Sunnie. I love my siblings, cousins & I have this terrific aunt I adore! I have a handful of the greatest friends in Europe and across America. *waves... Since 2010, I’ve been “under construction”, rebuilding, reconnecting, discovering things about myself and others… simply learning how to breathe again.

I also happen to have the BEST five nieces and nephews everrrrr!!!! Just ask me, I’ll tellyas!! They are the reason I’ve adopted the nickname “Tia”… the Spanish word for aunt.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   January 2013   March 2013   April 2013   July 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]