I am an avid sports lover… not necessarily a studied and professional fan per se. I love to watch as people try to win whatever their game is. I secretly love watching a good fight on the ice… and I certainly enjoy rooting for the under dog at the Super Bowl and Stanley cups.
Now, pick and chose as you will. My siblings live in San Antonio, TX and are adamant that the Spurs are #1!!! My mom’s cousin lives in Tallahassee and her sons each went to FSU and U of F… meaning: yay!! We’re rooting for BOTH teams!!!! ; ))) I just moved from south Jersey… yes, land of the Eagles, Flyers and Phillies… and according to the folks there, there are NO other teams or options to consider. (We can discuss the “choking” aspect of those teams at some other time.) A few of my buddies are Penguins/Steelers…. Eagles/Phillies, fans. My ex is really into tennis. My cousins are Wyoming Cowboy & Denver Broncos fans. My best friend from High School is a dyed in the wool, born and raised BAMA fan; and I’m diggin’ a Gator boi/ MMA dude.
I chose NHL and football, the Flyers and the New England Patriots, respectively (soccer& rugby are fun to watch, too.) No, I don’t necessarily sit and watch e a c h & e v e r y game leading to the ‘Big” one at the end… it naturally, depends on which of my friends I wanna heckle and hope to razz about it all. (Yeh, I tawk smack… but tbvh, I’m not even sure of what all I’m sayin’!!!) But there’s nothing like being with a group of crazy , wound up fans!!! From my high school days and loosing my voice from screaming and cheering… to an ice hockey stadium in Philly… I can see the draw!! Woooot!!!! : )))
Oh, might as well know the flip side here: you say what ya want, you’re entitled and except for aforementioned south jersey, it’s still a fairly free country. I despise golf… in all forms. And bowling??? :| I have tried and I really, really can’t do either… I have zero patience or skill. However, watching these on TV… ?? OMGosh, please instead of that, just put on re-runs of the OJ trial. At least that way I get to pretend that the white truck goes off a cliff or that darn glove fits over his balled up fist.
Post a Comment