Armistice Day began at 11am on November 11, 1918. President Wilson proclaimed, "To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…"
Thought I'd share these pictures of the military folk in my family. I see the irony in this, because I am multi-lingual, have lived in and visited other countries, have friends from all over the globe and have found that humans are an interesting lot in general... but I am an American first. One of my favorite bumper stickers reads, "If You Can Read This, Thank a Teacher. If You Can Read This in English, Thank a Soldier."










For those who serve, have served and have served their last: Thank You!
(and a special thanks to those who stood by their convictions not to engage in war time activities, but did their part to help in other ways.)
Post a Comment