




Ok, so apparently, I am about 30 blogs behind... thank you for pointing this out Gator boi!!! : ))) I'll consolidate it so's I don't bore yas to pieces.
November: House hunting RooOooOooad trip!!! (aka a "vacation" to my brother... who said this each morning as he scarfed down more food than I thought possible). If one is not in their teens, they should NOT ever again in this lifetime endeavor to drive "straight through" from upstate New York to central Florida. Can you please say the word: "migraine"?? Ack!
Found that in the price range in which I was looking, there are a whole lotta messes I could get into... but settled on the one Victorian house and made an offer before heading back. It will need gutting and tons of re-doing... but will be gorgeous in the end!
The return portion of the trip was a bit more relaxed and fun. : )) Found oodles of old timey gas stations along the way; and drove through acres and acres of cotton fields in North Carolina (I had only seen that much cotton in movies!) Always wanted to see the Outer Banks... so we did. They are incredible and worth the trip. We found a pet friendly hotel in Buxton and spent the night. The owners of the Cape Pines Motel were very nice folks. He was from Schenectady (right down the road from me in NY) and his wife was from the former Yugoslavia. Delightful people, clean rooms and their doggies were a riot! Visiting the beaches of Cape Hatteras was the neatest thing. Crazy wave activity, wind and salt air. I've never really seen the waves that boisterous on a non-stormy day... but if you look at the cape, it's like a jetty jutting out into the Atlantic, so the waves are bound to be wild. Funny, even in the wildness, there's just something peaceful about being by the ocean.
Back in NY we began the packing stage of things.. thinking we'd get a bit of a jump on it all. Whatever that is!!! I either need to live in boxes or just dump everything and have the minimal pieces parts. Wonder if the Shakers are taking new recruits?? Mebbe I should be a nun. I digress. Heheheh... I can see my best friend from high school rolling her eyes right about now... "Saints preserve us!" : ))))
Next time: Moving Day
Post a Comment