I'd be remiss if I did not take a few minutes to mention some neat people...
As I stated, my brother and I had gone house hunting in Florida and managed to turn the rest of the trip into a mini-vacation. Met some interesting folks along the way...
I already shared about the proprietors of the hotel where we stayed.
Next was this kid from Moldavia working in the souvenir shop where we stopped and picked up hoodies and t-shirts. He was an attorney back in his country, but the civil unrest led him to make the move here. He will have a few more years of college to become an attorney in the states, but he seemed quite determined as if he knew the course he had to take and was taking it. Leaving his family & friends behind, building a new life in a new place.

Then there was the BBQ fella... Oh my word, was that ever tasty!!! He was out in the parking lot of the souvenir shop. Had his smoker/pit thing goin' and were we ever hungry! Pork tenderloin with a great rub, yummy cole slaw and home made baked beans. And folks that would drive for miles to come see him. He was a riot, entertaining and quite serious about his BBQ. It was like watching a ring master: cooking, dishing up the food, telling stories and hawkin' his whole chickens and chunks o'meat. We had ordered our meal and sat on his coolers to eat it, when it caught me by surprise to notice the man had only one arm. His entire persona commanded such attention... very cool indeed.



Dreams... determination... perseverance. Bet they didn't know they were inspirations!
Post a Comment