tia: tAkE tWo

Friday, January 6, 2012

 

New Year!!!

I love going to sleep. When I lie down at night, I can be exhausted... cranky... not feeling well... sad... happy... cryin' or smilin'... (the end of a great day or a miserable one...) but then, the morning comes. It's all new and wonderful... full of possibilities and opportunities. Even though some days I may feel like I'm starring in my version of an "I Love Lucy" show... a weird Al video... or even "Groundhog Day" the movie... It's my day... and it is a precious gift.

I feel the same way about this new year. Yes, the "construction" and the rebuilding of my life continue... but it's on my terms... based on truth... constrained [compelled] by love... and reinforced by joy... and as David said in the Psalms: "... joy comes with the morning."

Here's a blessing my grandmother taught me... as I wish it for each of you:

May You Always Have Enough...

Happiness to keep you sweet,
Trials to keep you strong,
Sorrows to keep you human,
Hope to keep you happy,
Failure to keep you humble,
Success to keep you eager,
Friends to give you comfort,
Wealth to meet your needs,
Enthusiasm to look for tomorrow,
Faith to banish depression,
Determination to make each day,
Better than the day before.

(An Irish blessing.)

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   January 2013   March 2013   April 2013   July 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]