tia: tAkE tWo

Sunday, February 12, 2012

 

B R E A D...

So, we were at the local grocery store this week. I was ordering some deli meats and cheese and explained my intentions of building a mouthwatering sandwich that I had seen on a t.v. show. The lady who was filling my order then suggested this particular type of bread she had tried in the store bakery. She explained that it was a special order, a little pricey but very much worth it. Off I went to find out the particulars and to get my order in. No way I could pass this up!

The baker had said it would be ready for me at 2pm. When we went to pick it up, it was still in the oven. Oh boy! Now, the only claim to a teensy flicker of fame in the kitchen that I will admit to, is baking. I love baking bread and rolls... and even some cool desserts. The most tedious thing I attempted was Baklava... yummmm! I love watching plain old ingredients thrown together, allowed time to do their thing... and then the wonderful aroma of baking bread filling the house! Needless to say, my mouth was watering at the prospect of finally getting this warm loaf in my hands! It was still too hot to slice, so the gentleman placed it into a cake box so I could see it, feel its warmth... droooool!!!!!!!! I must've looked like a kid at Christmas! Mercy! Standing in the line to pay for it, the aroma making one of those cartoony sort of beckoning fingers with the fresh baked goodness wafting from the box to my nose, teasing my senses!!! Then the drive home, with the yeast and cheese aromas filling up the enclosed space... I was so glad to get inside this house! My brother & I tried it two ways: with and without butter. Half the loaf was gone in very short order.

Then we made those sandwiches: Boars Head: Rotisserie Chicken Breast, Black Forest Ham, Vermont Cheddar, arugula, sweet onion & tomato slices.

The bread is called: "Cobblestone Cheesy Bread" (for the way the cheese makes the top of the loaf appear.) You can see & smell the cheese, and the real butter is evident in every bite. Need to order a day ahead of time and it costs $4.98 for the loaf. And, unless you're as tickled to get this as I was, you can have them slice it for you once it cools.
A definite-ly welcomed addition to good meals in this household!




Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   January 2013   March 2013   April 2013   July 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]