tia: tAkE tWo

Monday, April 16, 2012

 

from "The Help"...

If you haven't seen the movie, "The Help"... you've missed some pivotal insights into our own American history. As a chick flick, it isn't the typical estrogen inducing brand of said genre. I'd like to add that when we women get "it" wrong, boy do we EVER!!! On the other hand, when we get "it" right...? Get out the way! : )) Good story... it is well written, acted and presented... and men, you have my permission to watch either an NBA or an NHL playoff game afterwards. (GOOOOOO FLYERS!!!!!)

The following is the end song... performed by Mary J. Blige...


The Living Proof

It's gonna be a long, long journey
It's gonna be an uphill climb
It's gonna be a tough fight
There's gonna be some lonely nights
But I'm ready to carry on
I’m so glad the worst is over (cos it almost took me out)
I can start living now ooh ooh
I feel like I can do anything
And finally I'm not afraid to breathe

Anything you say to me
And everything you do
You can’t deny the truth
Cos I’m the living proof
So many don’t survive
They just don’t make it through
But look at me oh ho
I’m the living proof - oh yes I am

Thinking 'bout how life's been painful
Took a while to learn how to smile
So now I’m gonna talk to my people oh oh
About the storm ooh
About the storm wo ooh
So glad the worst is over
I can start flying now oh ho
My best days are right in front of me
Yet I’m almost there
Cos now I’m free oh

Anything you say to me
And everything you do
You can’t deny the truth
Cos I’m the living proof
So many don’t survive
They just don’t make it through
But look at me, I’m the living proof

I know where I’m going
Cos I know where I’ve been oh oh
I kind of feel strong as
I’m gonna stay strong keep going
That’s the way that I’ll win

Anything you say to me
And everything you do (everything you do)
You can’t deny the truth
Cos I'm the living proof
So many don’t survive
They just don’t make it through
But look at me, I’m the living proof

Nothing ‘bout my life’s been easy
But nothing’s gonna keep me down no
Cos I know a lot more today
And I know yesterday
So I’m ready to carry on

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   January 2013   March 2013   April 2013   July 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]