tia: tAkE tWo

Thursday, May 31, 2012

 

Tidbit: The British Bulldog...

Below is one of my favorite pictures of Winston Churchill, The Right Honourable Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965).  It shows him as he was, a little hunched over and leaning on his cane juxtaposed with Big Ben.  He was a statesman, orator, husband, father, a prolific writer and painter.  He had such a wit and keen mind that when one reads his quotes, one can't help but chuckle and think, "Wish I'd thought of that!" A fun fact for most is that he was only half British... the other half being... American.

Top 5 of my favorites of his many quotes:

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills;  we shall never surrender."

"Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put."

"Eating words has never given me indigestion."

"I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."




Comments:
Funny thing is that I feel way more inspired by his words in written form. His flat delivery falls short of his iconic words. Good dude!
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

August 2011   September 2011   October 2011   November 2011   January 2012   February 2012   March 2012   April 2012   May 2012   June 2012   July 2012   September 2012   October 2012   November 2012   December 2012   January 2013   March 2013   April 2013   July 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]